Here's what Microsoft announced today

rahmansunbeam

Microsoft is another step away from it's money-printing all-consuming behavior (i think so). Here is what you get in 2015. 

Windows 10, free to update: 

Windows 10 will be a free update, for users running Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 on PCs or notebooks, and for Windows Phone 8.1 users on mobile.

It's Spartaaaaaa...n:

A new browser is coming, called Spartan with reading and PDF markup mode built-in. 

Windows 10 mobile ecosystem:

Windows 10 mobile now syncs with desktop, tablet and many other devices.

Free Office Suite for Wondows mobile:

I hoped for something better ! ;) .... and Office 2016 will be released in 2015.

Microsoft HoloLens?

Hmm, now this is new. This is an 'Augmented Reality' device extending Windows 10. 

2015-01-21_1048.png?w=980&h=547

Teckcrunch

• Like 5

Ah! That the thing hidden behind the forest. Then we can suppose that this version will be totally buggy. Like a platform test to get feedback for user to dev a better one in order to sell it more expensive.

Bill gates strategy as usual.

I don't think Microsoft will be this much naive.

The world is bending towards open-source small devices. There is little to achieve from pc while billions are already spent over internet. While Google, Facebook and Amazon is building over cloud computing and internet marketing, Microsoft is still fixing bugs in their age old systems. If they could have released sources of .NET in 80's, people would be using C# instead of JAVA by today.  

I hope stones start to roll by now. Free OS will play trump card, attract devs by using the existing stock of Windows users to build more apps. These apps may bring more users (and advertisers) and shareholders back home. Wearable tech is just the cherry on the top !

BTW, did you say Bill Gates?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...