Education online

randy

I am wondering if anyone can share some information about online degrees.  I am trying to get an online Bachelor's degree in a field directly relating to GIS.  I found a program that looked pretty good and a school called American Sentinell, but that turned out to be a dead end.  They no longer offer that degree program.  I have been going down a list of schools that I received from American Sentinell, and so far most of them are a dead end.  The closest I've come is a degree in Information Technology with a concentration on GIS.  Well, the concentration was about 3 or 4 classes in GIS.  The rest was pretty intense IT training.  Not really what I'm looking for but I'm running out of options.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

I am wondering if anyone can share some information about online degrees.  I am trying to get an online Bachelor's degree in a field directly relating to GIS.  I found a program that looked pretty good and a school called American Sentinell, but that turned out to be a dead end.  They no longer offer that degree program.  I have been going down a list of schools that I received from American Sentinell, and so far most of them are a dead end.  The closest I've come is a degree in Information Technology with a concentration on GIS.  Well, the concentration was about 3 or 4 classes in GIS.  The rest was pretty intense IT training.  Not really what I'm looking for but I'm running out of options.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

Hi randy,

Pure coincidence. I speak with a colleague today, and he gave me a link to have online training about R programming, Python and Geospatial matter.

Check this link:

https://www.coursera.org/

Of course, you will not get a degree but you can expect to have Verified Certificate with a Statement of Accomplishment document from prestigious University.

Just have look because this is all free.

;)

darksabersan.

• Like 4

Hi randy,

Pure coincidence. I speak with a college today, and he gave me a link to have online training about R programming, Python and Geospatial matter.

Check this link:

https://www.coursera.org/

Of course, you will not get a degree but you can expect to have Verified Certificate with a Statement of Accomplishment document from prestigious University.

Just have look because this is all free.

;)

darksabersan.

Hi,

I am going to register for python in feb and pay the money to get the certificate... Although I am very busy writing my thesis but without programming, jobs are hard to find.. 

See you there student

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Yes, above-mentioned answer is right, I also graduated online training about IT. It was my the most genuine desire as well as the beauty of writing as  http://www.EssayOnTime.com.au, but I didn't have time for offline cources, I liked on-line, really. There wasn't felt difference and I'm pleased now. So, you should to be ready and just do it with cousera, for example.