virtual machine

intertronic

you can use pratically anykind virtual machine that support windows, For me I prefer VMWare, the best virtual machines

http://www.vmware.com/products/workstation

but of course, it's paid product ;)

but if you want to, I can send you link for it just for testing :D

I've a different point of view my friend.

4 years ago, I was the first who said: VMWare is the best of the best.. but one of my college finally convince me why examples that Virtualbox is much more better.

Of course, the main point of Virtualbox is his price.. yes, yes, 0$ is brilliant and if you look to their portal, you will realized that the software is well update.

Let's talk about performance. Compared with VMWare, VirtualBox uses less memory and resource.

If you run a virtual machine without installing the Guest Additions driver, you will not face issue like you can have with VMWare. i.e: graphic latency

You have "VBoxManage" (the command-line interface for VirtualBox) that give you a lot of useful tools to manage your "Box" and also "VBoxWebSrv" to run and administrate your virtualization via PHP interface.

But this only my humble opinion and my experience exchanged.

;)

darksabersan.

• Like 2

ahahaha, it is based on my personal experience, first time I use virtual box, I remember it was first public release of virtual box, and compare to VMware at that time, virtualbox full of error and so slow, but my guess because it was a first public release, and after that time I never use it again,  :D

maybe after a long time, Oracle finally success make a stable and powerful virtualization software :rolleyes:

ahahaha, it is based on my personal experience, first time I use virtual box, I remember it was first public release of virtual box, and compare to VMware at that time, virtualbox full of error and so slow, but my guess because it was a first public release, and after that time I never use it again,  :D

maybe after a long time, Oracle finally success make a stable and powerful virtualization software :rolleyes:

It is the case because now I just do the other way around. :lol:

I use VMWare for personal use right now, for server since I use WIndows Server, then I take the advantage of Hyper-V , less functional than VMWare but, hey it is free and tightly integrated with windows :D

maybe it is time to try virtualbox one more time ^_^

For server, it seems to be perfect to used Hyper-V. Not tested personally but see my company playing with.

I'll try both virtual machines ;)

thanks for your shared experiences :D

Hope that will help you.

;)

darksabersan.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

regarding vmware, installation step for arcgis server on virtual is it same like ordinary installation

on server or need some config before installation been done 

Hi selamat,

The installation is exactly the same but I do not recommend installing ArcGIS desktop.

;)

darksabersan.