Which Bentley PowerCivil for Country in Balkans

Capricorn

Hi people.
I'd like to know which Bentley PowerCivil for Country is best to use for Balcan Countries: Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, FYR Macedonia, Bosnia? Native language is not important to me, I prefer English. Should I choose PowerCivil for North America or for Baltics or something else?

Here all the existing PowerCivil for Countries:

http://www.bentley.com/en-US/Products/Bentley+PowerCivil+for+Country/

• 5 months later...

Hello, what is the specific different of each country version? I dont have any experience with bentley before

I think better to get the most closest place for your software,

ehm, maybe no answer yet because most people here just like me, no experience at all with bentley :D:P

Many people said that InRoads SS3 is much better then Civil 3D. Even 45 of 50 US DOTs (Department of Transportation) use Bentley (GEOPAK, MX Road, InRoads) instead of Autodesk for road design (LDT or Civil 3D). That's why I am trying to learn it after many years of LDT and Civil 3D. Here (Balkans) many people use Plateia and lately InRoads is being sold too. They also here advertise Civil for Country, but there is no such a product in Bentley's web site.

Specific in country versions are mostly presentation styles and design tables.

• Like 1

interesting,

months ago I try to download Bentley and see how it works, but Im not civil guys, so I stuck with too many product and option of Bentley :D

If civil for country add specifics spec related to the country, maybe you need to take a civil for country product that have similar specification with your country, maybe some country share same specification, IMHO

• Like 1

Actually, these countries tend to adopt European standards, but there are no such in the field of civil engineering yet.

I am not a civil engineer although I made a few road projects for them and my final product is usually 3D visualization of site.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Actually, these countries tend to adopt European standards, but there are no such in the field of civil engineering yet.

I am not a civil engineer although I made a few road projects for them and my final product is usually 3D visualization of site.

Interesting Capricorn.

I am actually investing on TX8s, Rovers and Photogrammetry hardware as we speak and my current product will also be Visualisation of Site. I am going to Tirana next year to open an NVIDIA MOSAIC ROOM in a new Cadaster office. If it works well my partner will try to open same thing  in his native Serbia. Until now we have been working indoors and outdoor facades with Trimble TX8, DPI-8 and Faro Freestyler but no Geodata.

I will have a check and answer your question, if i get an answer naturally

Edited by POINT CLOUD
  • Like 1