[Torrent] GIS AREA

i have been looking around in gisarea.com especially in RS-GIS Area Sharing Section, sometimes i found a programs/tutorial with many link (part by part).

i think we can start to upload a torrent for any file, we can start with public torrent maybe we can upload in TPB or Kickass torrent, its look like more easy to share via p2p, single link and file can be eternal in internet    :D (if have seeder). anyway sharing via p2p we can resume our donwload anytime.

this is just a suggestion  ;) because some of book/program in RS-GIS Area Sharing is difficult to find.

I will say, YES and NO.

YES, why: Because, it is true that a lot of stuff is disseminate everywhere (lot of hosting file server) and it is painful to maintain all alive.

NO, why: There are some stuff that we do not want to share with others (Like exclusive release) except with our community who participate to our main effort.

We should have a kind of internal exchange between us but not visible from outside.

;)

darksabersan.

• Like 5

I say "NO". Its what keep us active in our forum (helping and exchanging of ideas). This site talks only GIS related programs and information (geography). It keeps us unique.

i say "NO" our community is for share all kind of fle refer to GIS and RS, and if someone something just make member of our GIS AREA...regads

torrent , file sharing sites, cloud storage, IRC, even old usenet are only the way of sharing, basically you can use any kind you want

BUT, for maximum speed, file sharing sites is the best, they have dedicated server and bandwidth.

thats is why I say yes in the previous post, since torrent is only one of many ways of sharing

but then my recommendation is still file sharing sites   ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I will say, YES and NO.

YES, why: Because, it is true that a lot of stuff is disseminate everywhere (lot of hosting file server) and it is painful to maintain all alive.

NO, why: There are some stuff that we do not want to share with others (Like exclusive release) except with our community who participate to our main effort.

We should have a kind of internal exchange between us but not visible from outside.

;)

darksabersan.

We can use Password to protect the file from access. The password will be shared only in this forum. I'm agree with your this comment "We should have a kind of internal exchange between us but not visible from outside".................