cloud removal from landsat mss image

sanzida

hi everybody can anyone help me to remove cloud and replace it by suitable methods in landsat mss image,

actually i am using the sunderban mangrove forest area of my country, in a image having lot of cloud,

could you pls let me know the detail steps of erdas imagine to remove this and replace suitable ground value

Haze Reduction tool.

Actually there are no right method to remove atmospheric haze or obstacle from images. The best you could do is to choose another image OR cut out that part to replace with another good image of same time. Haze Reduction technique seem to blend the cloud with image, but it'll effect your overall result too.

Haze Reduction tool.

Actually there are no right method to remove atmospheric haze or obstacle from images. The best you could do is to choose another image OR cut out that part to replace with another good image of same time. Haze Reduction technique seem to blend the cloud with image, but it'll effect your overall result too.

I agree with rahmansunbeam plus developers have developed some temporal filtering techniques using Matlab or R etc. that process an image pixel by pixel and replace a cloud pixel with a suitable land value by looking into next and previous available images. I don't have any such script right now to provide but I have heard about a PhD thesis in which more or less same thing was done on some other satellite may be. So if you can do image processing using programming then you can search for that thesis.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

it depends on the percentage of cloud cover in the image. if it is just haze then u may use ACTOR module in Erdas Imagine. there are several models actually to correct the influence of atmospher such as subtraction of dark pixel. But if the image is completly affected by cloud then such modules don't pay.

Edited by moawad74

• 1 month later...

@Rahmansunbeam.

I want removal Cloud from Landsat Image. But i cant method and software to do it. I hear everybody talk about LEDAPS. This software run in Linux. I dont known LInux and install Ledaps in Linux. Rahmansunbeam, do you help me install Ledaps (tutorial..., guide)..or you can guide me removal cloud by another software?

Thank you very much!!!

@Rahmansunbeam.

I want removal Cloud from Landsat Image. But i cant method and software to do it. I hear everybody talk about LEDAPS. This software run in Linux. I dont known LInux and install Ledaps in Linux. Rahmansunbeam, do you help me install Ledaps (tutorial..., guide)..or you can guide me removal cloud by another software?

Thank you very much!!!

If you are looking for open source software, try GRASS. If not there are plenty other good options. Try either ERDAS, or ENVI, or ATCOR, or IDRISI or others.

I couldn't download LEDAPS, emailed though. I'll let you know if they write back. 

• Like 1

Me, I would make an image classification first (in ERDAS, for example). After this step, using the Conditional statement function from Model Maker in ERDAS software, I would replace the cloud areas with the land covers under that clouded area from the precedent image.

Is like putting 2 layers together, the holes from the first image are filled by the second image located below.

You can search on ERDAS comunity forum: http://geospatial.intergraph.com/community/forums/

Good luck, my friend ! ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...