stereographic soil roughness images

Hi folks,

For my research I took photographs of different types of soils to capture the soil roughness.

The method used was holding a camera high above the ground and tsking stereo pictures orthogally

from the soil surface.

I'm able to create anaglyph stereo images from them but I want to quantify the roughness.

I would therefore have to create some sort of a digital elevation model from these pictures.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated .

Cheers

Martin

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I think you can use Close range photogrammetry software like PHOTOMODELLER Scanner, it should solve your problem.

Stuart.

It will work but you MUST have taken the photographs in a way that there is the SAME COMMON area in PAIRS of them (the pairs you will use to create a stereoscopic view-a real 3D solid). So, by taking photos with an overlapping area of about 60% of each photo will give you the ability to use, not just pairs but, series of them to create real 3D representations of the ground surface. Computer memory and processing power will be the limits of the 3D area you can produce each time.

It will work but you MUST have taken the photographs in a way that there is the SAME COMMON area in PAIRS of them (the pairs you will use to create a stereoscopic view-a real 3D solid). So, by taking photos with an overlapping area of about 60% of each photo will give you the ability to use, not just pairs but, series of them to create real 3D representations of the ground surface. Computer memory and processing power will be the limits of the 3D area you can produce each time.

this is the right way need in both photo 25 - 30 % of overlapping for it work the 3d stereoscopy ...good luck and share some capture for see your work.

regards

• 2 weeks later...