• Announcements

• EmperoR

Dear Guests   12/24/2016

Welcome to the GIS-AREA. like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of GIS-AREA by signing in or creating an account here. Once you have created your account and have introduced yourself to our community, you can start new topics, reply to others, subscribe interesting threads, get your customize profiles, make news friends, and others nice stuff. To make your stay as pleasant and constructive as possible, please don't forget to read through our pinned forum rules and board guidelines in each section before you do anything else.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fischer180

stereographic soil roughness images

5 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

For my research I took photographs of different types of soils to capture the soil roughness.

The method used was holding a camera high above the ground and tsking stereo pictures orthogally

from the soil surface.

I'm able to create anaglyph stereo images from them but I want to quantify the roughness.

I would therefore have to create some sort of a digital elevation model from these pictures.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated .

Cheers

Martin

Hi,

I think you can use Close range photogrammetry software like PHOTOMODELLER Scanner, it should solve your problem.

Stuart.

Hi,

I think you can use Close range photogrammetry software like PHOTOMODELLER Scanner, it should solve your problem.

Stuart.

It will work but you MUST have taken the photographs in a way that there is the SAME COMMON area in PAIRS of them (the pairs you will use to create a stereoscopic view-a real 3D solid). So, by taking photos with an overlapping area of about 60% of each photo will give you the ability to use, not just pairs but, series of them to create real 3D representations of the ground surface. Computer memory and processing power will be the limits of the 3D area you can produce each time.

It will work but you MUST have taken the photographs in a way that there is the SAME COMMON area in PAIRS of them (the pairs you will use to create a stereoscopic view-a real 3D solid). So, by taking photos with an overlapping area of about 60% of each photo will give you the ability to use, not just pairs but, series of them to create real 3D representations of the ground surface. Computer memory and processing power will be the limits of the 3D area you can produce each time.

this is the right way need in both photo 25 - 30 % of overlapping for it work the 3d stereoscopy ...good luck and share some capture for see your work.

regards