What is your most favorite Antivirus ?

Lurker

just curious, what is the best according to you ?

for me, right now NORTON is the best, based on review,  :shocked:

they change a lot  :wink:

but , for my PC, I use kaspersky and Eset (since I have the original license for both product)

what about you ?

• Like 1

Talking about antivirus softwares, my latest darling is Microsoft Security Essential (MSS). Its too light, too handy and free. I have gone through many others, but none gave me this much ease.

First I used the almighty Mcafee Antivirus, which had a pretty impression until it get quite serious and started to count every processes my pc makes and started to inform me them. I didn't take time to through that off. Then came avira. It was pretty cool for having some cool features like bootup scan and free version, but didn't worked out for me very long. Then I tried Kasperksy which, as Lurker says a big memory sucker robbed almost half of my pc like trying to save it so that no virus get necessary memory to run itself!  :laugh: Then came NORTON's Corporate Edition antivirus. This was good antivirus who for the first time didn't suck out the life of my pc. This clean looking antivirus is far more different then other Norton products, because it didn't had much of those funky looking buttons and red-green alert lights. Problem, huge definition in every 30 day was a real pain for dial-up user like me. :huh: AVG was another free one i used but the 30 day trial was a pain in the ass! Didn't tried ESET because i had Win7' s Defender testing my pc right then. Then came MSS and until now i think its enough to save my little pc.

Oi oi

My opinion about the AVs:

i tested norton internet security, i hated it, sloow, eaT too much memory. When it found any virus-like thing, sometimes can kill, sometimes only drop it to quaratine. the next was the Nod32. It's a slovakian thing,  they are neighborhood guys, and they know someting, it's very fast, isn't eat so much memory, and ya can use the trial (non c/r/a/c/ked, official trial release) with 1-2-3 month keys foreva. sometimes it's dropp a message, your username/serial invalid, use google, ya can find many codes. I don't use c/r/a/c/ked Av, because i can't trust in c/r/a/c/ked AVs.

For 4-6 years, i only had 10-15 virus-like things. Sometimes my friend said, my USB stick is infected by a virus, he has AVG or what, but Nod32 said, it's clean...???

After using pc for many years, here is my opinion about system security: install a good system, setup everything, frech the AV, install codecs, etc., make a copy with Northon ghost, and think twice before click on everything on the internet! If ya think, yor system is slow, but no viruses found by your AV, just 10 minutes and you have your clean system with Norton rescue disc. 

I dunno, what i know about computers, but: i don't have any unknown bluescreens freezing, my computer isnt slower than before 1 month, if it is, i use my system copy:) My another computer is used by my syster (blondie)...she clicking on everything....what ya think, a NOD32 or anything can defend the computer?....against a geek user.....nothing can protect.............................

Oi oi

My opinion about the AVs:

i tested norton internet security, i hated it, sloow, eaT too much memory. When it found any virus-like thing, sometimes can kill, sometimes only drop it to quaratine. the next was the Nod32. It's a slovakian thing,  they are neighborhood guys, and they know someting, it's very fast, isn't eat so much memory, and ya can use the trial (non c/r/a/c/ked, official trial release) with 1-2-3 month keys foreva. sometimes it's dropp a message, your username/serial invalid, use google, ya can find many codes. I don't use c/r/a/c/ked Av, because i can't trust in c/r/a/c/ked AVs.

For 4-6 years, i only had 10-15 virus-like things. Sometimes my friend said, my USB stick is infected by a virus, he has AVG or what, but Nod32 said, it's clean...???

After using pc for many years, here is my opinion about system security: install a good system, setup everything, frech the AV, install codecs, etc., make a copy with Northon ghost, and think twice before click on everything on the internet! If ya think, yor system is slow, but no viruses found by your AV, just 10 minutes and you have your clean system with Norton rescue disc. 

I dunno, what i know about computers, but: i don't have any unknown bluescreens freezing, my computer isnt slower than before 1 month, if it is, i use my system copy:) My another computer is used by my syster (blondie)...she clicking on everything....what ya think, a NOD32 or anything can defend the computer?....against a geek user.....nothing can protect.............................

Nice saying. Protection is better that cure. If you cant stop yourself clicking everything then nothing can stop viruses hitting your pc.  :laugh:

I've been thinking to try Vipre, anyone try it yet?

they have lifetime license  :laugh:

$29.95 for one pc.  :wink:

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm using Avira Antivir Premium for quiet a long time now. Before I used ESET, but as Lurker already mentioned, the fast small version 2 got replaced by a heavier one. I'm satisfied with Antivir: low mem use, frequent updates and highly configurable. And it does its job of course  :cool:

It might be a bit off topic, but for browsing I make use of SandBoxie as an additional and pro-active means of not getting infected with any piece of garbage. Also useful in case you don't completely trust a k/e/y/g/e/n.

Respected Lurker,

I used Kaspersky and Norton AV. At present I am using K7 TOTAL SECURITY Antivirus Software. I found that K7 is better one. When I work on ARCINFO and ERDAS IMAGINE software and my pc is connected to internet this antivirus software everytime ask me  that lmgrd.exe is trying to connect to internet you want to allow it or block it.

• 9 months later...