• Announcements

• EmperoR

Dear Guests   12/24/2016

Welcome to the GIS-AREA. like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of GIS-AREA by signing in or creating an account here. Once you have created your account and have introduced yourself to our community, you can start new topics, reply to others, subscribe interesting threads, get your customize profiles, make news friends, and others nice stuff. To make your stay as pleasant and constructive as possible, please don't forget to read through our pinned forum rules and board guidelines in each section before you do anything else.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
speleotherm

Lineament Detection

9 posts in this topic

I am trying to use a variety of remote sensing softwares to automatically detect lineaments (specifically, fractures) in 1 meter resolution air photos and 5 meter resolution DEMs.  Has anyone done anything like this before and/or do you have recommendations?  The literature seems sparse with information.

Mostly, I use landsat TM, and using Canny Method, see here :

fig2-2k10-126-130.gif

1 person likes this

btw, this is related to processing remote sensing data, so better in Remote sensing Subforum, MOVED

here more information about this tipic ...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1TTHT7MI

regardas

Thanks Lurker!  Thanks for moving the subject, too!  I'm still getting used to posting on this site. :grin:

3dbu => This is a good paper.  It follows Lurker's flow chart (with greater detail, of course).  These will be very useful.

what does geometric correction here actually mean,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i mean what types of geometric correction needed for my lineament detection, if my

image is quite ok then

what does geometric correction here actually mean,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i mean what types of geometric correction needed for my lineament detection, if my

image is quite ok then

anyway if your imagery is geometrically corrected so you dont need to do this step.. :)

here more information about this tipic ...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1TTHT7MI

regardas

pls mirror link/....

There has been a lot of literature around this matter. Just google "lineament algorithm" or "lineament detection" and you'll find a whole lot of it. To my opinion, you'd better proceed with visual inspection and interpretation and in that case there's also a lot of literature too, regarding FCCs, band ratios and processes that "reveal" abrupt changes which correspond to lineaments.